Saturday, October 10, 2009

10/10/2009 - A Relaxed Day & Some Shopping!

Up early, but needed to get the last of the business paperwork done....still! So I decided not to go on the hike with Deb & the dogs today! I probably should have as she was back before I got too much accomplished!

For lunch, Deb wanted to take me to lunch at http://www.camillescafe.com/ and it was soooooooooo good! Deb had Thai wraps and I had a salad! My kind of eating place to go!

After lunch, we headed for Farm & Fleet in Eau Claire. Deb wanted to get a new water tank for her chickens and I was just going to look around. Look around??……I don’t just look around! I came out with 3 new pair of jeans, some bubble wrap for a package I wanted to mail, some small holiday window flags (Halloween & Thanksgiving) for the motorhome and some “light weight” Corningware that I forgot to check the price of before I bought it! Deb found more than she bargained for also!

Once back at the ranch, I began making chili for dinner! I had purchased the ingredients for the weekend horse camping trip as my contribution of food so the hamburger was either going to have to be fried up or frozen! Denny had been giving me a “hard time” about chili…..he insisted he wasn’t sure he’d like chili. Apparently, Denny had a bad experience a few years ago and associated the “ill feeling” with the chili and hot dogs he’d eaten! But Denny being the “sport” that he is, had not only one bowl, but two bowls of chili. Now Denny was that story about chili just another way of giving me a “hard time”??….lol

Dessert was the remainder of the apple pie…..NO, wait! Dessert was going out to the barn after dinner to visit with Brandy & Pedro again! Tonight Pedro acknowledged me again! He still seems to hold back “just a little”…..but that’s okay! Brandy is still “aloof”, …..and that’s okay too! After all, we humans don’t let everyone we meet into our hearts right away either!

After taking my leave of Deb & Denny for the evening, I went back into the motorhome to check on weather and start to plan my timing and direction for heading west! There was a storm front that was heading from the Rockies to the Midwest and I didn’t want to get caught in it!

Unfortunately, I didn’t have a choice….if I were going to leave on Sunday, I would have to travel through it regardless of whether I went west or south to go around the Rockies! And to top, I was still waiting for my mail packet that had been forwarded to me from Anchorage! With Monday being Columbus Day, that meant the earliest I could leave was Tuesday after the mail came!

I decided to wait until morning and figure out what I would do and how I do it…..nothing else I could do tonight!

No comments: