Oct 17 - Sat
Up about 8:30 am again….temp 32 degrees….what happened, the temp was nearly 60 last night!! There's fog on the reservior but cleared by 9:30 am. Now sunny and 48 degrees…..in one hour a change by 16 degrees!!!….and I thought temps changed fast in Alaska!!
I’m shooting to get to Rawlins, WY today so I can see my cousin, Dale. He was in Minnesota last night, but said he was going to try and be to Rawlins tonight! I don't think I was too clear in saying that my cousin is a truck driver, which some reading this blog, may have assumed.
On the road I’m noticing more than I usually do driving the “wide open” expanses of land…..the semis push air in front of them differently! Some have big gusts of air that you have to “crab” or steer into. Others seem more streamlined. It’s hard to notice what the difference in design is when you’re driving, but will have to remember to look at the semis when I stop for gas at the truck stops!
Another thing I noticed, which makes sense when one thinks about it, but the wind turbines are installed in a “trailing” fashion….so the land must have patterns that make the winds predictable! Again, it makes sense, but I never thought about it before! I also noticed on the western side of Nebraska that there were more wind turbines than I could count....and they're a minimum of $1 million!! Wow, I wonder how many tickets the cops had to give out to pay for that!
The driving today was sunny most of the day with the high between 73-75 degrees and didn't dip below 63 until the sun went down! In fact, the driver’s side was so sunny today, that I think I may have gotten a sunburn on the left side of my face. Oh my poor white skin!!…lol
Well I did make it to Rawlins, WY. Dale called about 6:30 pm Central time and figured he’d make it to Rawlins by midnight! I told him that I’ll be in zzzzzzzzland, but to call in the morning and I’d meet him for breakfast, coffee or whatever he had time for! Seems funny to be meeting relatives on the road!
I'm staying at a private RV park tonight...ugh! Also double the cost and no trees, lakes or mountains! Wyoming doesn't have too many state parks along I-80! The national forests along the interstate don't have electrical hookups....guess I'm spoiled with the convenience of electricity!
Once again no pictures for this big push for miles....lol
About 350 miles today! Still not doing as many as my parents do!!
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dang, Betty, we missed you again! You are a maniac with those miles you drive, WOW!!!! Travel safe. Hope to meet up with you soon.
Post a Comment