Tuesday, October 6, 2009

10/6/2009 - Mondovi next...finally!

Oct 6 - Tues
I spent the night at Jan & Bill’s in Durand.
It was raining in the morning, so after we had coffee, I headed for Eau Claire to have lunch with Marcie Hawkinson, a longtime friend of my Mom’s. Marcie has a history with my family that I thought I knew! Not so! As I visited the various relatives, I discovered Marcie not only knew my immediate family but she knew nearly all of my relatives as well!

The plan was that I would be picking Marcie up and she would spend the next week with me…in the motorhome. I was planning on going "horse camping" with my cousin, Deb & her husband, Denny Fjelstad the upcoming weekend and taking my motorhome for Marcie & I to stay in. I was concerned about the weekend outing as the weather had turned cold and there wasn't going to be any electrical hookups where we were going! My generator was acting up again and my “coach” battery wasn’t good for more than a few furnace “turn-ons”! For heat, I had a “Mr. Buddy” heater and as a last resort, I could always turn the engine on and let the engine heat warm the motorhome along with the help of the furnace.

When I mentioned the plan to travel with me for a week, Marcie did not seem to be ready for that length of time. So I asked her if she would be interested in just three nights….that might be better she said!

That night however, Marcie was off the hook to commit to even three. After I arrived at Deb & Denny’s ranch, Circle D, Denny asked if I would be disappointed if we didn’t go on the “horse camping” trip. As much as I wanted to go, the cold weather front that hit Wisconsin, was a damper on the weekend to say the least! So I was happy to say that as much as I wanted to go, the weather had me concerned! The weather wouldn’t be a problem if I would have electricity while we were camping, but it was “dry camping”!

After that was all decided, we had dinner (chicken & dumpling bits soup…mmmm) and enjoyed the rest of the evening….doing what else!!…..talking! Actually, Deb & I talked, Denny, I found out is a joker! Now does he fit into the family or what!!

No comments: