Saturday, October 3, 2009

10/3/2009 - Cadott

Oct 3 - Saturday
Again.....another cloudy day with rain! Tomorrow the sun is suppose to show it's face again. But for today, we will have to deal with the cool, damp weather!

A dreary introduction to what turned out to be a fun day!

I woke up early....it was cold in the motorhome! I turned the ignition on so I could turn the furnace on without draining the one and only coach battery I have for this long rig. But by turning the ignition on, the heat from the engine heats the motorhome up faster than it could do with just the furnace, so it's not all bad!

After getting up and making coffee with a stovetop Italian coffeemaker, I tried to catch up with a weeks-worth of insurance business that had been piling up! I managed to get done only what was necessary, so I will have to set aside a day here soon to bring everything up-to-date!

When I had everything as organized as I could in the motorhome, I went to the door of my cousin's house and knocked but no answer. So I used my cell phone to see if she answered as she is normally up very early! When she answered and I asked about coming in, she informed me that the door was unlocked!...so come on in!

We didn't chat too long before we both decided we wanted breakfast. Cadott is a small town, so I wasn't sure where we could go. However, Shirley did!...and said there was one nearly by called Cross 4 Corners just off Hwy 29. So we piled into the motorhome and off we went!

After breakfast, we decided to see if we could find our Aunt Joyce, who was going to have lunch with us later. We looked in the small town for her, but decided that we would find her faster if we waited for her at Shirley's home! We returned and I brought out my computer to show pictures until Joyce called or stopped by.

Good choice!….as Joyce stopped by close to our noon time date! So when Uncle Don showed up too, we were off to eat…..but where else…..at the Cross Roads restaurant, of course!

After lunch, Don went on his way, and “us girls” headed for the apple orchards! I was on the lookout for “Sweet Sixteens”, which my mother really likes. But no one had heard of them….at least until we got to the apple orchard! I had done some internet research on them and discovered that the Sweet Sixteen apples had been developed in Michigan and only a few orchards in Wisconsin had them….or at least advertise them on the internet!

After checking out all the goodies in the orchard store and my purchase of a bag each of Sweet Sixteen & Connell Reds, we were finished at the apple orchard for today! We were then going to headed back to Shirley’s with a side trip to Joyce & Don’s home since I had not seen their “new” home....new to me! They had been living in it for quite some time! I had not been to Wisconsin for 17 years, so a lot changed since the last time I was there!

Once back at Shirley’s, we carried all our purchases out of Joyce’s car and after getting the motorhome disconnected and everything inside secured down, I was off to Chippewa for the night after saying my goodbyes to Joyce & Shirley! I had intended to go to my cousin, Eunice’s home, but opted to stop at an RV park on Lake Wissota to get my blog updated! I arrived with less than an hour before it was dark and after eating something, I got right to work on the blog!

Midnight proved to be as late as I could handle before the words were getting too blurred in my head to finish!….so I closed up, fell into bed and zzzzzland was waiting for me!

No comments: