Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10/13/2009 - Mail & Westward Bound!

Up at 8 am….the snow from the yesterday was almost melted!

I had planned on using the morning to get as much done as I could….clean cat boxes, wash my dishes, fill the gallon water containers with fresh “well” water, clean the inside of the motorhome, shower and of course, play with the dogs and Barney the barn cat, wanted to be part of this farewell also
and a visit with Pedro & Brandy one last time!
All before the mail came at noon....well close to noon!
The mail finally came at about 1:30 pm, but while I waited in the driveway (within 30 feet of the mailbox), I “tidied up” business calls. I didn’t know it yet, but it was good that the mail came late as I would not have good cell phone reception for a couple of days!

By 2 pm, I was heading down the road once again….alittle sad however, I was going to miss everyone!
The drive didn’t offer up any amusing stories to write about…probably because I was still thinking about how nice it would have been to have more time to visit!

I had wanted to get closer to Des Moines, Iowa, but the amount of daylight I had was not on my side! I managed to get as far as Forest City, Iowa in a state park called Pilots Knob (http://www.iowadnr.gov/parks/state_park_list/pilot_knob.html). I just barely made it before dark any later and it would have been too difficult to find a site! There was only one other rig here….a travel trailer.

It wasn’t snowing yet, but it would be before I went to bed! What was so amazing was that it didn’t feel cold enough to be snowing, but the weather said it would and it did!
Only about 150 miles today!

No comments: