Thursday, October 8, 2009

10/8/2009 - Apple orchards, girls & animals!

Oct 8 - Thurs
Up shortly after daybreak.
Made my coffee and got a few more business items done before going for a hike in the woods with Deb and the dogs (Willow, Wyatt & Marli).

When we returned back to the house, Deb called Marcie to see if we could pick her up and when she would be ready. Marcie said she was ready but would meet us on Claremont in Eau Claire. After Deb called Karen to give her the location and time, we were off!

We first had breakfast at the Altoona Family Restaurant before heading to Weaver’s Country Store, which is operated by the local Mennonites.
Everyone found something to buy, but as usual, I found more! After loading everything into Deb’s car, we were off to the apple orchards. Deb had picked 3 different orchards that were fairly close to one another. I had purchased apples a few days earlier, but was determined to find an apple pie at one of the three orchards, which I did.
The last orchard was quite chilly inside because they had their doors open! The outside temp was probably in the low 40s, but it seemed chillier inside! I told Deb, “this would be a great place to come when she was having her hot flashes!” She agreed so we looked quickly and went outside to take some pictures on the small hill with a gazebo.
By this time it was getting to be after 3 pm….Deb made the executive decision to forego the Amish shops which would take us further away from home. I was on the edge, not sure if I had enough energy but with enough left to not know whether I wanted to say “Let’s go”. As it turned out, by the time we dropped Karen & Marcie off and got back to the ranch, I was exhausted. …GOOD CALL, DEB!

Back at the ranch, we knew we were going to have apple pie for dessert…..apple pie from the apple orchard!
After dinner we went to the barn the same as the night before. I, of course, have to talk to all the animals….especially the horses! Pedro & Brandy are such beautiful horses that it makes talking to them a must....for me! Pedro has some behavior patterns that I found really amusing....when Deb goes to feed him, she asks if he wants some hay! Pedro as a matter of understanding or habit……shakes his head up & down, as if he knows the movement of his head means “YES”!
Pedro on the left & Brandy on the right.
Back in the house, we talked more before I retired to my bedroom in the motorhome!

No comments: