Tuesday, September 29, 2009

9/29/2009 - Clear Lake, Iowa to River Falls, Wisconsin

Sept 29 - Tuesday
Today was a slow....up at 7:30 am and on the road by 11:30 am.

There was a change in plans....I was originally planning on heading for La Crosse, WI, but after getting ahold of family there, it appeared that schedules were a problem! So I decided to try getting ahold of my cousin in River Falls, WI and see if she was free for getting a bite to eat that evening! No answer, so I left a voicemail.

Since at this point, I was close enough to wait for a return call, I decided to install 1 (and only 1) of the 3 new window shades that I purchased nearly 2 years ago! The adhesive on the temporary shade finally had given out and it was falling off the window at the most inopportune times! So today was a good day to get at least one of the shades out of the way!

By the time the window shade was installed, the outside temperature had gotten warm enough for me to take a shower in the parks showers that are available. When I shower in the motorhome, I usually just take a quick shower without shampooing my hair. That's where the park showers are really handy! My hair was beginning to look like the "road kill" I have been talking about in this blog!

Shower done, hair dried and clean clothes on.....I was on the road again. Driving was a effortless compared to the previous day!....and it didn't take long to get to the Minnesota border. The first rest stop in most states usually has visitor information, so I pulled off to get some state parks & RV parks information in case my cousin didn't call back!

I decided to take I-90 east and up through Rochester on Hwy 63 than Hwy 52 to Zumbrota, MN. I stopped for gas and while the tank was filling, I decided to call my cousin again before trying to call a couple I knew in Zumbrota. As it turned out, my cousin hadn't received the message, so we made plans to meet after a volleyball game that she was attending that evening!

With that new plan, I had a definite destination for the night....River Falls, Wisconsin! Sorry, Alyce & Gary.....maybe I'll stop on my way to the west coast!

I arrived in River Falls not too much before it was dark! My cousin, Cindi Danke, had given me the name of the city park that had RV camping and it was beautiful.....http://www.rfcity.org/parks_parks.asp.

My cousin arrived about 8:30 pm and we headed for Main Street and some burgers! Cindi had visited Alaska this past summer, so we had been reaquainted just enough to have a very enjoyable evening with lots to talk about and great hamburgers at Mainstreeter Bar & Grill!

Back at the motorhome, I noted the 194 miles I drove that day and fell into bed!

No comments: