Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Moving day...Oct 13th

The end of the Balloon Fiesta came and now it was time to move! The RV area at the Balloon Park was nearly empty when my friend, Carol and I were getting ready to leave. The area designated for RVs is huge, but with all the rigs that filled it during the Balloon Fiesta, its size was not that evident! These next couple of pictures are what the area looks like when nearly empty...

The brown motorhome is Carol's Winnebago. If you look at the size of the cars you might get a better idea of just how huge this area is.
Once on the road, we were headed for a RV park on the southwest side of Albuquerque called West Mesa, or 9 mile mesa! The name of the park was Enchanted Trails RV Park, located just west of Camping World.
After registering for a week, Carol & I were assigned neighboring sites near the front of the park.
We both went about getting our own rigs hooked up and settled in. However, Carol has satellite TV and she was having difficulty with locking into a satellite because of the trees. I recommended we switch as the site I was in didn't have trees as close to the site....so we switched.
It took Carol awhile to get the rig in "just the right spot" for satellite reception, but finally it was done! We were settled in!, so now it was "purging" time.....time to empty tanks after a week of no dumping! It was going to feel good to be able to take a shower as long as it felt good and not worry about how much water I was using or how full the holding tank might be getting!

I slept real good that night!...:)
Till next time.....

1 comment:

Kate said...

Betty

I just happened on your blog, great pictures, good writing, I'm looking forward to you updating it!

Kate
cholulared.blogspot.com