I wasn't planning on any new posts until it was closer to the time we start driving down the Alcan Hwy, but decided that this post was news worthy!
In the last month we have had enough snow that I have had to clear the snow off the roof of the motorhome twice! Now it might help those who will probably wonder.....well, why didn't she have a cover over the motorhome? Even if I would have had a cover over the motorhome, I would have had to clear the snow under the circumstances, but I had decided not to put the cover on so that I could be working on or in the motorhome thoughout the winter, but mainly in March. Unfortunately, my cover does not have a zippered area to get in & out of the motorhome doors when it's on!
Now the circumstances that has made it necessary to remove the snow is the temperature! We have had three snowfalls in the last three days. That amount of snow was not going to hurt the roof, but the weather forecast tonight was for warming temperatures...above freezing! That nice beautiful, white fluffy stuff was going to become a water-logged layer of slush that would be a back breaking job to get off....to say nothing of the weight that would be on the roof! Then there's the thought....what would that mess do to the roof fixtures (vents, air conditioner, etc) if it froze before I could get it off!....remember water expands as it freezes! Maybe everything would have worked out okay whether it was taken off or not.....but my rig is 10 years old, so I feel that it is going to need more TLC than a newer one!
At any rate, it's done and I sure will be glad when I won't have to be pushing snow off the roof of my motorhome along with shoveling the driveway!
However, I still think, I'm a lucky gal!
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, brother, Bill!!!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Egad...I promise to not complain about rain again. LOL!! Did you take a photo of the rig before removing any of that snow? Would love to see it if you did.
Post a Comment